Monday, February 22, 2010

Digital Story Telling in the Classroom

I am intrigued by digital story telling because I know it is easy yet I have not created one yet! I went to the Digital Story Telling website Lee sent to us and found myself on Microsoft's website on a Digital Story Telling in the Classroom page. I downloaded the Digital Storytelling e-book PDF. I have included a summary here.

*The NETS standards are listed that these types of projects speak to.
*There are examples of project ideas from classrooms around the world, at a variety of age groups and a variety of uses like projects in math, history, music, letter writing and reports.
*Next is a step by step detailed description of how to create a digital stories with individuals and a whole class.
*Then there are even more project ideas for different age groups.
*There is an easy to read table of software needed to use certain tools and then where to get the tools, most of which are free.
*There are tutorials on how to use the tools; power point, photo story 3 and movie maker.
*For each tool there are suggested lessons described as basic, more challenging and expert.
*There are resource links throughout the publication.

This is a great resource full of links to make everything at the tip of your fingers, literally. I will be using this soon for my Children's Literature class. Wish me luck!

Trivia Question: What is the definition of digistory?

1 comment:

  1. There are so many ways to do digital story telling. Powerpoint, Voicethread, etc.

    ReplyDelete