Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lesson Plan: The Mitten

Hello classmates,

I have posted the lesson here as well as the imovie I created, and the brochure. This process was initiated first by my students' desire to act out their favorite stories, secondly by the desire/request to use more technology and thirdly by my Children's Literature class where I was tasked to produce a multi-media project with literature and a piece (the brochure) that discusses the process and it's significance for students, parents and teachers.

The video is a bit shaky as a student wanted to help. I edited a lot! I would love feedback on the brochure and if you would find this format helpful to you as a teacher or if a word doc would be preferable.

Here is Jan Brett's site. There is a lot of supportive materials for many of her books. Printables!

The Lesson for the Mitten

The Brochure for the Mitten

The Movie of the Mitten: Warning, the movie is a 6 minute download.

Have a great week, Kimmer

1 comment:

  1. The lesson you had planned sounded like a lot of fun, and I'm sure your students really enjoyed it.

    I can't really think of any content changes to suggest, but you might want to make some formatting changes to the document. It's probably not that important, but the formatting was really confusing for me and it made it hard for me to focus on your lesson plan.

    ReplyDelete